Friday, February 7, 2014

Closet Organization Progress

Happy Friday everybody! And I mean T.G.I.F., people! I am ready to do some puttering around at home this weekend. I really need to get back to my organizing projects and do just one little rearrangement of some furniture so I can feel like I've accomplished something. The closet in the entryway and the hall closet can be checked off my list and I promised to show the before and after, so here you go...but remember, don't judge!



You may or may not be able to tell that this closet once had some semblance of organization. However, you may also know how tough it is to convince the male species that it's a good idea to put things back in their rightful place so that it's easy to find the next time you need it.                                                                                                                  

My plan for organizing my garage craft/work space includes an area for tools and drills, etc., so that will free up a lot of space in this closet.  I want to remove these wire shelves and hang something better in here, but that's a project for later on when I can also do my pantry and the other closets.


At least now I can find a container for leftovers when I need one!  I went through the "overflow" cookbooks (i.e., the ones I don't have room for in the kitchen) that were on the top shelf and only kept the ones I really love and use.  The ones I'm keeping are stacked in the laundry room for now until I figure out a good place for them.

So, on to the closet in the entryway...


Things fall on me or spill out onto my feet every time I open this closet.  It also had some semblance of order back in the day, but  - well, you know.


Ducky wanted to help but was distracted by the site of his harness and thought we were going for a walk or a ride.  When he realized we weren't going out, he sulked off to go pout on the couch.



It's not pretty, but it's clean and organized!  I'll do my best to keep it looking like this, but we'll just have to see how much cooperation I get from my male counterparts.

So, on to what's next on my list:

Junk drawers
Entryway closet
Hall closet
Utility closet
Linen closet
Garage (for the 1000th time!)
Storage barn (for the 500th time)

Utility closet, here I come!  There's not much room because of the hot water heater, but you won't believe all the junk that's crammed in there.  That one's mostly my fault, I admit, so I won't grumble (too much) about making it right.

On Monday, I'll be showing you the beginnings of my ironstone collection, so be sure to stop back by and take a look.  Have a great weekend!

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment